List of Approved Home Solicitors in Pasco County
Statutory Authority for Home Solicitation Permits
Pursuant to Florida Statute Chapter 501, home solicitation permits are required for persons who engage in home solicitation sales. “Home solicitation sale” means a sale, lease, or rental of consumer goods or services with a purchase price in excess of $25 which includes all interest, service charges, finance charges, postage, freight, insurance, and service or handling charges, whether under single or multiple contracts, made pursuant to an installment contract, a loan agreement, other evidence of indebtedness, or a cash transaction or other consumer credit transaction. Applicants for permits shall file sworn applications in writing with the clerk of the circuit court for the county in which applicants intend to conduct home solicitation sales.
Application Instructions for a Home Solicitation Permit
- All applicants must appear at one of our office locations in person.
- The cost of the application is $250, payable only in cash (this fee is non-refundable).
- Provide the Clerk's Office with the completed application, the $250 application fee (in cash), and your valid photo ID.
- Upon receipt of the application you will be sworn to the accuracy of the information you have provided. You will need to be electronically fingerprinted by an authorized Livescan fingerprinting vendor:
- A current list of Registered Livescan Service Providers can be located on the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's website (there may be a cost associated with this service).
- Please contact the service provider of your choice to obtain the hours of operation and fees.
- You MUST provide a picture ID (driver’s license preferred) to the service provider.
- Upon receipt of the fingerprint results, a copy of the application will be sent to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office for a local criminal background check (this can take up to 60 days).
- Once the criminal background check process has been completed, you will be notified of the findings. If approved, you are required to return to the Clerk’s Office to complete the process and a Home Solicitor’s Identification card will be issued.