Among the duties of the Clerk is serving as Ex-Officio Clerk and Accountant to the Board of County Commissioners.
In this role the Clerk's duties are to:
- Attend all meetings of the Board of County Commissioners, and committees of the Board, as directed.
- Produce, record, index, and distribute the official minutes of these meetings.
- Maintain legal custody of the Official County Seal.
- Serve as custodian of all county resolutions, ordinances and contracts.
- Process appeals before the Value Adjustment Board.
- Provide accounting services to all departments under Board of County Commissioners
- Provide an accounting system for all fiscal changes implemented by the Board
- Handle investments of available County funds
- Provide financial reporting to the Board and all federal and state agencies
- Process accounts payable
- Process Clerk and County payroll