Recording a Document in the Official Record
As County Recorder, the Clerk & Comptroller accepts documents which are numbered and placed in the Official Records of the County. Upon payment of statutory fees, the Clerk and Comptroller will record a variety of instruments required or authorized to be recorded by law.
Our office accepts documents over the counter during business hours or through the mail at one of our two locations. Documents that have traditionally been delivered or mailed to the Recorder’s office by runner, express mail, or courier services may be processed with E-Recording, simplifying and accelerating all aspects of the recording process.
- Date of the instrument
- Names of all parties must be legible (how to count names)
- Notary public seal and notary signature per Chapter 117.05, Florida Statutes
- Return address
- Must be a Pasco County property referencing a legal description if the document deals with real property.
If the Document is a Deed
Documents that are deeds must include the above necessary information as well as:
- Grantor and grantee(s) address(es) pursuant to Chapter 695.26, Florida Statutes.
- Name and address of the person who prepared the document. Printed name must appear beneath each signature pursuant to Chapter 695.26, Florida Statutes.
- Legal description.
- Consideration or sale price.
- Two witnesses must witness the signature(s) of the grantor(s). Printed name must appear beneath each signature pursuant to Chapter 695.26, Florida Statutes and Chapter 689.01, Florida Statutes.
- Notary public or other authorized person to take acknowledgment whose signature appears on the instrument. Printed name must appear beneath the signature pursuant to Chapter 695.26, Florida Statutes.
Recording Fee Calculators
To help eliminate the need to return documents resulting from incorrect recording fees, fee calculators are provided to assist with the calculation of documentary stamps and recording fees for deeds, mortgages, and other document types prior to submitting documents for recording.