About the IG
Division of Inspector General
The mission of the Department of Inspector General is to preserve the public trust and improve government functions by providing independent, comprehensive audits and inquiries designed to add value and improve the operations of the Board of County Commissioners and the Office of the Clerk & Comptroller. It is the intent of the Department of Inspector General to promote awareness of the potential for fraud, waste, and abuse throughout the County, to provide guidelines, and to assist with the development of adequate internal controls and systems.
The Inspector General provides independent, objective assurance and consulting designed to add value and improve operations. It helps the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The Department of Inspector General is responsible for auditing operations of the Board of County Commissioners and operations of the Clerk & Comptroller.
The Pasco County Clerk & Comptroller, an elected official, serves as the ex officio County auditor per constitutional and statutory provisions. The Clerk & Comptroller established the Department of Inspector General to fulfill the Office's audit responsibilities. The audit function serves as an important check and balance for both the Clerk & Comptroller and for Board of County Commissioners departments under the purview of the County Administrator. To provide the highest degree of independence, department auditors report to the Inspector General who, in turn, reports administratively and functionally to the Clerk & Comptroller, independently of the Board of County Commissioners.
- Monitor the employee Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline for all Clerk & Comptroller and Board of County Commissioners employees.
- Audit services
- Consulting services
- Performs independent comprehensive audits of County operations and contracts
- Provides public accountability for use of tax dollars
- Independent, objective source of information for the Board of County Commissioners and the Clerk & Comptroller
- Consulting resource for County and Clerk & Comptroller to obtain advice in internal control issues and procedures
- Provides mechanism to report suspected fraud, waste, or abuse of County assets
- Results in better government @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>